“Music expresses that which cannot be said and on which it is impossible to be silent”
Music Improves visual & verbal skills, Keeps an ageing brain healthy,Reduces Depression & Anxiety.
Type of Vocal Music
1-Hindustani Vocal Music.
2-Classical Vocal Music.
3-Carnatic Vocal Music.
4-Regional Vocal Music.
5-Western Vocal Music.
Advantages of Vocal Music
1. Music training has been linked to spatial-temporal reasoning skills. (I.e. ability to read a map, put puzzles together, form mental images, transform/visualise things in space that unfold over time, and recognise relationships between objects. These skills are often helpful in science, math, and chess.)
2. Musical symbols, structure, and rhythmic training utilise fractions, ratios, and proportions, which are all important in mathematical study.
3. Increases problem finding/solving, logic and thinking skills like analysis, evaluation and the linkage/organisation of ideas.
4. Optimises brain neuron development & circuitry.
5. Assists motor development especially coordination of hands, eyes and body.
6. Expands multiple intelligence and helps students’ transfer study, cognitive and communication skills from subject to subject in any syllabus.
7. Group orchestra or ensemble activities help promote cooperation, social harmony and teach kids discipline while working together toward a common goal.
8. Music augments memory. For example, most people learn their ABC’s by singing them. Repeating a tune in a predictable rhythmic song structure makes memorisation easier.
9. Singing is a great way to aid/improve reading ability and instruction. Karaoke is a perfect example. Children may learn a song by ear (auditory) but words on a TV or computer screen provide a simultaneous visual anchor.
10. In vocal music learning rhythm, phrasing, and pitch greatly enhances language, pronunciation, grammar, and vocabulary skills. This is especially noticeable when using songs in first and second language study.
11. Improves critical reading and writing.